Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Wonderful World of Woven Wraps


I will never forget my entry into the wonderful world of woven wraps. As an artist, I was completely enamored with the many colors, patterns, and fabric blends available, and I quickly became an enthusiast. Before my son was even born, I had churned a Bjorn, Kelty, and Ergo and saved up my money for my very first woven wrap, Natibaby Kangaroos (which is never, ever leaving). 

My son entered the world on July 16, 2013, and, a few weeks later, I began wrapping him in what I liked to refer to as my "second womb". Soon I was itching for more wraps to cuddle him in. I joined the babywearing swap groups on Facebook and slowly built my collection by selling old things I didn't use anymore, marketing my artwork, and starting an Etsy shop where I sell wrap scrap goodies (links included below for anyone interested).

When my son was 3 months old I started to notice that my wrap collection was elemental. I saw earth, water, sky...and that's when my love of babywearing and my passion for art collided. I created my first wrap scene "stash shot" and now I am thoroughly hooked. Thanks for following along on my wrap art journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment